important component of the
Firm's International trade and customs practice is the
counsel and advice we provide clients on the business opportunities
that exist in the Arab market for U.S.A. Exporters and Arab
Exporters to U.S.A. markets. Our interdisciplinary team of
attorneys, economists, political scientists,
marketing analysts, development specialists, statisticians and former
Arab government officials enables the firm to provide the most
comprehensive representation to our U.S.A. clients. The firmís core services in Egypt and the Arab countries include:
- Verifying the authenticity of Arabic legal Documents
- International arbitration
- Breach of Contract Claims involving shipment of non-conforming goods
- International Agreements
- International Sales Agreements
- International Transactions
- Cross-Border Transactions
- Foreign Business Development
- Negotiation and Preparation of Agency; Franchising; Distributorship; Partnerships/ Joint Ventures; Strategic Alliance; and FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) Agreement.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Agreement: Negotiation and preparation of intellectual property licenses and high technology transfer and development agreements.
- Copyright: counseling and rendering opinion on registration, recordation, and title searches and licensing.
- Trademark: A full-service trademark practice including: filing of trademark applications; trademark availability searches; and trademark and unfair competition litigation.
- Patent: Litigation in as well as preparing and prosecuting patent applications; handling Patent Authorities appeals, reexaminations and reissues; counseling and rendering opinions on patentability; infringement, validity, and enforceability; and formulating patent portfolio development strategies.
- Trade Secret/ Unfair Competition: counseling with respect to trade secret protection and related agreements.
- Anti-Piracy: counseling and rendering opinions on anti-piracy programs in the recording, motion picture, television and video game industries and markets.
- Negotiation of ocean transport contracts, including bills of lading and charter parties
- Disputes arising from ocean transport documents
- Countervailing duties
- Shipbuilding contracts
- Customs classification analysis
- FDA import rules and regulations
- Rules of origin analysis
- United States Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA)
- Other contracts and claims involving international trade
- Movement of goods, services and personnel across U.S.A. and the Arab countries international borders.
- Arab market entry trade analysis.
- Right of Publicity/ Right of Privacy: litigation; counseling and rendering opinions pertinent to publicity; privacy agreements.
- Providing up to date information and strategies on the complexes and opportunities of entering the Arab Market; interacting with Arab government officials; ensuring that U.S. companies are operating in compliance with all legal and operational requirements of Egyptian and Arab laws and regulations; and representing our clients in the Arab market in a privileged and confidential way.
- Islamic Banking and Finance: counseling and rendering opinions on Islamic financial instruments; security arrangements; and risk mitigation strategies.
- Corruption: counseling and rendering opinions on identifying; deterring; investigating; and deterring fraud and corruption practices in transnational business transactions.
- Compliance with customs regulations.
- Arab Matrices.
- Logistics analysis.
- Negotiating business agreements with governments for civilian and military procurement.
- Immigration laws.
- Tax and Tariff laws.
- Antitrust laws.
- Commercial, investment and banking law.
- Insurance law.
- Merger and acquisitions laws.
- Corporate and securities laws.
- Immigration laws (including work permits).
- Employment, Social Security and Pension laws.